The SMT709 is a Dual video decoder Virtex 5 based PXIe board.
The SMT709 is a Dual video decoder Virtex 5 based PXIe board. The SMT709 utilises two NXP SAA7118 video decoders, which support a wide variety of analogue inputs. Using both decoders up to 16 inputs can be utilised. As the 16 inputs are shared between 2 video decoders simultaneous capture of 2 channels is possible. Data from these devices (along with data from the SMT709's own inputs - up to 1Gb/s Ethernet, 2.5Gb/s optical links, and RSL links) can be processed via the Virtex 5, or by another linked card or module. The SMT709 is based around two NXP SAA7118 video decoders that accept most PAL and NTSC standards.
Each decoder can decode the colour of PAL, SECAM and NTSC signals into ITU 601 compatible colour component values. The SAA7118 accepts CVBS or S-video (Y/C) as analogue inputs from TV or VCR sources, including weak and distorted signals as well as baseband component signals Y-PB-PR or RGB
The Xilinx FPGA can be configured either via the onboard flash, or through the Xilinx JTAG header.
- High performance SAA7118E video decoder/s
- Supports PAL B, G, D, H, I and N, combination PAL N, PAL M, NTSC M, NTSC-Japan, NTSC 4.43 and SECAM standards.
- Up to 16 analogue CVBS inputs
- Up to 8 Y+C inputs
- Up to 4 analogue component inputs, with embedded or separate syncs
- Xilinx Virtex 5 in an FF1136 package.
- FPGA configuration from 64MByte flash using a Xilinx Coolrunner CPLD.
- One 64-bit wide data bank of DDR2 memory. The bank uses 4 16-bit wide devices. Running this memory at 220MHz provides a maximum access speed of over 3.5Gbyte/s.
- Front panel SATA connectors carrying Virtex5 serial interfaces.
- Front panel RJ45 for gigabit Ethernet.
- Front panel Fibre Optic modules carrying Virtex5 Serial interfaces.
- Sundance RSL connector with 4 serial interfaces.
- On-board USB interface to allow re-programming of the flash memory.
|FPGA Type and Size:
For more information, or to request a user guide, please Contact Us.